About Me

My photo
Look at the bottom of my blog to see my collage for my project!!! Does color effect emotion?

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Never Left my Mind...

It's hard to work on this without my laptop, but the topic has never left my mind... In fact, I'm going to try to do a bit more work on it now.

Some links and notes

Another good decorating view of it.
http://tampa.movingtoanapartment.com/decorating/how-paint-colors-relate-to-emotions.htm
Color and emotions are closely related. Specific colors are known to provoke
certain emotions and leave impressions on us whether we notice it or not.

This site also confirms things I already know. Like that orange is a good color for a kitchen or someplace involving eating. It also says what I know about red increasing your heart rate. (and appetite too)

Oh, colors and emotions... What you wear.
http://healing.about.com/od/colortherapy/tp/color_wardrobe.htm
I think this sums up how people view you more though. Like with black being invisibility.
"When people are wearing pink, whether they are male or female, they appear
approachable and capable of loving others."

Interesting! What color was your day?
http://www.abrakadoodle.com/blog/?cat=50
This website is actually a way to introduce art to kids. This would also help for communication I guess. Either way, this proves interesting when it comes to colors and emotions... I might start asking this question to people, along with "Why?" to figure out what exactly they think about it.

What Some Other People Think (WNCY)
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2009/02/20/segments/124355
This website has some comments with peoples feed backs and what they think/know

Otto from Manhattan
The ancient Egyptians associated red with the desert and death. Black was
associated with the Nile Valley, life and fertile soil. Our contemporary notion
of being "in the red" or "in the black" comes from those times
.

I found this to be interesting! Don't know if it is true or not though....

YES! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS FACTUAL!
http://crystal-cure.com/color-emotions.html
Keep in mind that I said "seems". I regard no information I find as absolute fact... Unless I find it in many useful places. I can't find anything small to quote, because the whole thing seems useful. Basically, it talks about the "How" of colors, like How we can see them and what not. I'll have to tear this site apart and sort out facts later. Maybe I can find some better Key Words for my project.

What color was your day and why?
Friend one: grey, because it was a bland, did nothing day

I will soon continue this thought. I'm thinking about starting threads in "Menewsha" or "Gaia Online" since they are blocked in school, and I am out of school. Basically I will start a thread about "Colors and emotions" and see what people have to say about it. I don't know if it will count for anything, but I might get some useful information, right?

No comments:

Picture

Picture
Collage