About Me

My photo
Look at the bottom of my blog to see my collage for my project!!! Does color effect emotion?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bouncing Back to Something Again....

Color Therapy. Something that I have looked at a lot during my study of colors. I've never been sure if it was significant (or true enough) to actually look into. I suppose it is relevant though (at least a bit) and I need more information to shove into my paper.

I also don't know if I'm supposed to change the entire focus of my paper or what.... If I am, I don't think I am. I think it properly reflects the research I have done when it comes to colors. Maybe I just need more about the emotion aspect of it? I'm not sure. Maybe it should just be how color affects us in general?

Anyways, I should get back to my original point of this post.

Color Therapy. Load of crap, or worth saying SOMETHING about?

In ancient Egyptian mythology, healing with color was discovered by a god by the name of Troth (Which is the equivalent to Hermes). Color healing was a thing of magick ... Anyways, they used certain colored stones (and powders, creams, and whatever else can be colored I guess) and also colored certain healing/treatment places certain colors.

This information (that I kinda sorta summarized) can be found here : http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/healing/color-therapy-1hgraham.htm

I don't feel like summarizing the whole thing just for myself (I know no one really reads this, so there would be no point in me asking my imaginary readers if the information is really relevant...)

No comments:

Picture

Picture
Collage