About Me

My photo
Look at the bottom of my blog to see my collage for my project!!! Does color effect emotion?

Monday, May 24, 2010

Interesting Advertising

I decided to test out a few advertising strategies.

Blue (light blue) is supposed to be a really good color for advertising milk.
What about yellow though?
Now, I didn't really look into how yellow may affect the situation, but yellow can be seen as a sickly color. In this case, I thought of puss.

A similar switch that I had done involved frozen foods



Now, what is the # 1 color you want to avoid if you are advertising for meat?

Of course! Using green to advertise meat would suggest mold.
My last experiment with advertising stems back to my old small business class. Here is a poster I designed to advertise my business

And here is the same poster in a few other colors...



The last poster was a more recent edit. I used black because I have read that men prefer darker colors. (Also, the last pizza poster remings me of the Steelers, which might also attract business)

So, which advertisements here do you think would sell better? (Any of the ads presented here in this post today)

P.S.-- Here is the link that inspired this post
http://belikeliquid.com/blog/marketing-blog/the-effects-of-color-in-marketing/

No comments:

Picture

Picture
Collage