About Me

My photo
Look at the bottom of my blog to see my collage for my project!!! Does color effect emotion?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Daycare

Alright, so this post will be a lot like my post about advertising, except it will obviously be about daycare centers. Mrs. Savido suggested I take a look into daycare centers and what not around here, so I decided to do a tiny bit of web searching too.

This was one of the best pictures I can find. Not only is it brightly colored, but it may help teach kids patterns of colors. Also, the use of green suggests that these kids might be a bit calmer than usual (they sure look it in this picture too!). The yellow tables in the background suggest that they have more... wild? play areas.

Now for some of the worst daycare pictures I have found. This one wasn't too, too bad... But it is pretty bad if you ask me... It's peachy color makes me sick, and it doesn't seem to match at all. The white wall is pretty random, but they might have been going for a calmer area? I'm liking the blues and yellows, that seems calm yet excitable to me. It makes a nice balance. I'm still stuck on the horribleness of that peach color though....


Now, here is the absolute worse daycare I have ever seen. It's like they weren't even trying. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't think that this daycare in any way inspires creativity and fun learning. It looks like an office building. It's plain, it's boring, and it's.... Too wide open too.


I would suggest brighter tables, a different carpet (not the blue rug though, I love the blue rug). I mean, those random tents and leaf things are really cool, I think the place needs more of that. Kids need to be excited about learning and interacting with other kids if you ask me....

That's all on that for now I guess....

No comments:

Picture

Picture
Collage