About Me

My photo
Look at the bottom of my blog to see my collage for my project!!! Does color effect emotion?

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I was trying to avoid this....

And yet here I am, about to launch into a full fledged rant about color. Hah. But really though...
Green is normally the color of envy, associated with money... That's a given. I'm always hearing about the green eyed monster...

And, if you ask me, red is normally used to portray anger. In many cases though I have discovered that people find it as giving off a sense of power or seduction....
In thinking about this, I also realise that in a way red was once used to portray innocents as well. The story of Little Red Riding Hood.... She had a red hood....
Red is also the color of blood, blood is life... And spilling blood is not a very pleasant thing... So I would imagine that some would not like to see the color red for that reason....

Then there is pink. The color of new born baby girls (And in some countries it is actually for boys!) now, how can a color associated with that also be associated with breast cancer??? What do people think of first when they see pink? Life or death?

Also, there is still conflict on whether black is the absence of color or the presence of all color.... Art thinks of it as the presence of all color, but life tends to think of it as absent... Which kind of makes sense, because if you hold a prism under light, you get a rainbow.... does that then mean that white is the presence of all color?

Personally, the color white drives me crazy... Right now this room is driving me a little crazy, which may very well be why I've finally sunk down to ranting my own opinions about this project....
Anyways, I know people who find white rooms calming, and shy away from darker rooms that I would probably find more comfort in.

Argh!!!! My mind is swimming with all of this, along with all of the things my mind was originally swimming with!!! And now, thanks to thinking about pigeons and their color presence, I'm wondering again if animals like dogs and cats are color blind!!! And that has nothing to do with my project, but I can't help but think about it!!!!

AND I'M STILL NO WHERE WITH MY COLLAGE!!!!!!!!! I'm running around in circles because of that! Like, REALLY!!!! I didn't think it would be this complicated, but for some reason I just can't get it... Perhaps it is because my mind is so overloaded it's pathetic... I mean, this is my THIRD entry today, and like the resst it mainly contains my ranting and running around in circles....

No comments:

Picture

Picture
Collage